Terms and Conditions
Payment Obligations, Renewals, and Cancellations
1. Website Development Payment Obligations: Full Payment Option: Full payment is required in order to begin development of your website. 2 Payments Option: Your first payment is required in order to begin development of your website. The second payment is due within 30 days of your first payment. 3 Payments Option: Your first payment is required in order to begin development of your website. The second payment is due within 30 days of your first payment. The third payment is due within 30 days of your second payment. Final payment is due regardless of whether all content for the pages has been sent by the client. This provision is in place to encourage the client to get content submitted promptly so that their site can go live. It also ensures that Think.Create.Build. gets paid for performing their duty under the proposal, despite tardy content from the client. After payment, Think.Create.Build. will still post outstanding content AT NO CHARGE for 3 months. In the event an “under construction” page is posted due to missing content, Think.Create.Build. will post ONE copy of any text/pictures on existing pages only, for up to 3 months after publish date. After the three months have expired, content posted to site will be billable at our current regular hourly rate. In the event that design and navigation changes are requested after they have been specifically approved by the client, these changes will be billable at our current regular hourly rate.
2. Refunds and Cancellation Policy: Once a payment or deposit is made, it is non-refundable. If a project is canceled or postponed, all monies paid are retained by Think.Create.Build. and if applicable, a fee for all work completed beyond what was already paid for shall be paid by the client.
3. Stock Photography Payment Obligations: Stock photography includes most photos and/or images not provided by the client. 5 Premium Stock Photos are included within your Website Design purchase. Additional stock photography purchased outside of the included 5 on behalf of client for use in website development is billable at a minimum of $10 per picture. This amount is separate from the amount quoted for website design and development. Some pictures are more expensive than $10, in which case we will solicit client approval and communicate the price before purchasing.
4. Description of Ongoing Costs: There are 2 types of ongoing costs: domain registration and hosting.
Domain name registration: This cost recurs annually. Domain name registration gives you exclusive rights to a certain name, such as www.samplesites.org, so that you can use it for your web-based purposes.
Hosting: This cost recurs annually. Hosting places the domain name on a particular server connected to the web, which allows you to post a website for viewing through a browser. Programming.
We use BlueHost and highly recommend them. You can use this link here to choose a hosting plan with BlueHost. You will need to choose the Plus or the Prime package, both plans are sufficient. (In the spirit of full disclosure, the links listed above are affiliate links, which means that we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. This commision comes at no additional cost to you. We only recommend products & systems that we use and love ourselves, so that we know you’ll be in good hands.”)
5. Website Maintenance: Right now we offer 2 Website Maintenance Options: Self Maintenance and Pay as You Go Maintenance. Self – Maintenance – With the WordPress CMS system, you will have full administrative capabilities to log into your site from the back-end and make edits, updates, and additions. We have several training resources that we can provide in order to assist with learning WordPress. Pay As You Go Maintenance – You can contact us and let us know the updates that need to be made and we can create a custom-quote and estimated timeframe for completion. Website updates do not include: adding new pages, fully redesigning pages or page parts, customizing php forms, or creating flash content. Prices for these services must be determined on a case by case basis.
6. Website Maintenance Payment Obligations: Prepayment will be required for all website changes.
1. Homepage Design – Once the site design is approved by the client, usually via email consent, the design is considered ready for implementation. Should the client wish to make changes to a design they have approved, those changes are billable at our standard hourly rate.
2. Navigation – Once site outline/map is approved by the client, usually via email consent, the site navigation is considered ready for implementation. Combined with the approved graphic design, this becomes the site structure. Once we build this structure per client approval, any subsequent changes are billable at our standard hourly rate.
3. Content – Provision of content is customer’s responsibility.
Text content – Copy for all website pages and links needs to be delivered digitally and should be carefully proof-read by the client. Two rounds of revisions will be provided free of charge. Subsequent revisions will be billable at our regular hourly rate.
4. Technical Support – We offer email support to our clients. We do not normally bill for technical support depending on the source of the problem, its severity, and our time invested. If Dope Hair is not the source of the problem, technical support may be billable.